magento and seo
Every business wants to be at the top of Google to be more visible and produce more sales. There are lots of different ways to improve your SEO and Magento makes it pretty easy.
Whilst researching this topic, the following became evident that all keywords and descriptions for SEO have to contain relevant words, be consistent and appropriate. Using relevant keywords, content headings, image names and url keys make it easier for search engines to find your site. With SEO friendly URLs, relevant and consistent keywords, Magento makes SEO quick and easy.
Here is a breakdown of some of the things you can do in Magento
- Give your images labels
- Rename headings, default headings rarely use relevant words
- Keep the CSS clean
- Get rid of any duplicate files
- Use a sitemap and keep it up to date so that the search engines can re-index new products as and when you add them
- Use up to date, relevant content on your pages
- Make sure that you check the url keys for your pages, use relevant words in the key and avoid words such as ‘and’, this will be another way for search engines to pick up your pages.
- Keep your URLs consistent for example do not switch between name.com and www.name.com
- Use online tools such as Google Webmaster Tools to monitor ‘not found’ pages, re name any that exist or delete them so that the search engines are not looking for them.
- Use healthy back links (incoming links from other web nodes) to ensure a better page rank. Google uses back links to generate the page ranking of your site. Therefore using relevant backlinks is vitally important if you want a high page ranking.
any thoughts - please comment