Principal Sales Operations
The Person Required:
You will have spent at least 10 years within a top tier consulting organisation, leading business development functions centred on the rapidly changing Microsoft Business and Technology Solution Product set. You need to understand client business issues at a macro industry level and to shape an integrated solution, encompassing the best of both KPMG Crimsonwing and the wider KPMG LLP. You will also bring this skill to specific client situations while bringing multi-disciplined teams together and gaining the confidence of the client through the creation and articulation of innovative solutions for the client’s needs.
You are confident in working along with others to win in client situations and deliver sustainable outcomes. Deep relationships with Microsoft UK and bringing new opportunities to closure in partnership with Microsoft are a must. You will also have a track record of identifying and closing opportunities that originate from outside the KPMG and Microsoft relationships.
An important aspect of this role will be to drive credibility with the KPMG Partnership community and establish KPMG Crimsonwing as the go to place for all things Microsoft at KPMG.
A track record of growing and developing a business in a hyper growth situation and leading and developing a Sales team in the highly challenging environment that this growth creates whilst still delivering profitability expectations is fundamental.
Business Development – Leadership
- Owns the development and execution of a demand generation strategy to drive pipeline and sales to agreed KPI’s
- Develops the overall positioning, uniqueness and messaging for the Microsoft offerings through KPMG Crimsonwing
- Responsible for the generation of pipeline and execution of sales for the organisation
- Identifies and develops opportunities for the organisation to diversify across industry, emerging technology and services propositions to build pipeline
- Works with KPMG teams to create integrated propositions to meet the needs of specific industries or clients to build pipeline
- Leads the interlock with the delivery organisation to ensure:
- Contracts with clients are robust
- Reliable, repeatable estimation approaches
- The sales teams support programme delivery in partnership
- The development of innovative and profitable commercial constructs
- Innovation and IP is harvested to develop solutions to drive pipeline
- Develops a marketing and external communications plan to drive pipeline for the organisation in white space clients
- Ensures that client relationships and commercial engagements are managed effectively to ensure successful delivery and long term relationship development.
Business Development – Execution
- Owns and cultivates senior stakeholder relationships within key strategic accounts
- Owns and manages key relationships within the KPMG partner network to drive pipeline from within the firms’ client base
- Owns and manages the relationship with key Microsoft stakeholders to develop co-selling opportunities
- Leads key bids and proposals for large scale transformation programmes (typically greater than £5m)
- Works as a trusted advisor with clients around their strategic business and technology needs
- Leads and supports the negotiation of contracts and ensures compliance with KPMG Crimsonwing policy.
Sales Team Development
- Leads and develops a team of highly motivated solution sales professionals to deliver the company growth strategy
- Leads and develops a capability for the delivery of technical pre-sales to support the sales effort
- Leads the development of a capability for the development of solutions and assets for key vertical markets or client needs
- Fosters a culture of innovation and knowledge sharing within the organisation to develop capabilities, effective ways of working and cross functional understanding.
- Highly experienced working in Microsoft solution sales
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology (particularly Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Azure) as well as other relevant solutions such as Oracle ERP or SAP
- Strong cross industry experience (Financial Services, Public Sector and Consumer Markets)
- Highly experienced working in partnership with Microsoft to develop business systems or cloud based technology propositions to meet client needs
- Experience of working in an LLP organisation
- Demonstrable track record developing long term profitable relationships with mid and large sized organisations
- Can develop a demand generation strategy for a Microsoft solution sales team and lead the team to successful execution
- Has led Microsoft centric transformation deals with values in excess of £5m
- Has led a successful Microsoft solution sales team of both experienced and new sales individuals
- Has led the development of solutions, consulting offerings and assets to drive repeatable sales
- Has a proven track record of driving the diversification or cross geography expansion of a Microsoft consulting organisation
- Extensive experience working with senior stakeholders within a large consulting organisation or system integrator to develop pipeline, understanding of the unique structure and culture of a partnership based operating model
- Experience developing front and back office transformation propositions using Microsoft technology
- Has an extensive Microsoft network at leadership and sales level
- Can create a culture of knowledge sharing and innovations
- Is able to lead the sales interlock with delivery teams to ensure profitable growth in partnership
- Passionate about talking to clients on current technology issues and market direction
- Collaborative ways of working with client and various KPMG teams
- Creative problem solving ability whilst working in ambiguous situations
- Experience in the anticipation the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Experience in building co-operative relationships and fostering an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
At KPMG Crimsonwing we implement best in class solutions for ERP and CRM. We have extensive knowledge and expertise in all areas, enabling us to provide our clients with an integrated end-to-end solution. Our solutions are based on the Microsoft Dynamics range of products which enables us to deliver, powerful, adaptable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Technology (CRM)) to our customers. Such systems are strategic IT solutions which integrate all the management information across an entire organisation into one single intuitive software application. They embrace all departments of a company from finance to manufacturing to customer relationship management, HR and sales, in one single system.
With a team of 400 Microsoft Dynamics specialists and consultants, KPMG Crimsonwing is one of the largest European Microsoft Gold Certified partners.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a completed vacancy application form to KPMG Crimsonwing Human Resources via email on KCWUKCareers@KPMG.com. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should quote job title as reference.