The Resource Manager will be responsible to ensure that the company has the right people with the right skills available at the right time to accomplish contracted commercials and project deliverables. The Resource Manager will be part of the Program, Project and Resource Management team, while continuously linking with Human Resources to provide the necessary support to the programme management and executive teams. This will ensure that projects and pre-sales engagements are resourced in line with the firm’s pipeline of work. The person joining the team will have the responsibility to effectively allocate resources for short- and medium-term plans, and to forecast any recruitment needs. This will ensure that top management has an accurate reflection of resource utilisation for current projects and future necessities; thereby allowing timely intervention and decision making to keep the business on course in meeting its objectives.
KPMG Crimsonwing has identified a position for Resource Manager who will initially support the further development of resource allocation within KPMG Crimsonwing Limited but will also support the company to rapidly develop and expand our Group resource management. The Resource Manager will be based in KPMG Crimsonwing offices at 15 Canada Square, London.
- New Business – in conjunction with Heads of Departments and Directors to estimate and plan resource for prospective business, highlight resourcing conflicts, recruitment needs, skills gaps etc;
- Existing Business – support the Project Managers to appropriately resource projects, ensuring that the resourcing of projects is aligned to contractual agreements and that resourcing does not exceed what can be recovered by KPMG Crimsonwing Ltd;
- Proactively liaise with directors and managers to understand client requirements and the wider needs of the business, to facilitate effective resourcing decisions;
- Lead weekly resourcing meetings and resource forecast meetings with various representatives from the business;
- Assist the Project Managers to balance delivery demands and commercial considerations. Discuss with the management team and project managers about matching employee skills to engagements and facilitate reassignment of resources;
- Assertively negotiate through the competing demands for resource and facilitates senior management in making effective and robust commercial decisions;
- Challenge resourcing requests from Project Managers and Pre-Sales Leads in order to ensure best use of available resource in view of work-load requirements and contracted commercials;
- Monitor chargeable hours per project and confirm that they are in line with contracted client commercials. Highlight potential shortfalls and/or over-utilisation to Project Managers and senior management;
- Oversee analysis of business forecasting such as chargeable hours, utilisation and headcount against budget while proactively driving resourcing decisions;
- Effectively use and manage the KPMG Crimsonwing internal resource allocation system (Microsoft Dynamics AX) to enable effective resourcing of projects across the business;
- Liaise constantly with Human Resource to ensure effective resourcing and necessary recruitment in order to plan well in advance to meet business needs;
- Liaise with KPMG Crimsonwing Malta to provide development resources and consultant resources to UK projects. Support Malta to understand the timing and requirement for additional resources. Provide Malta with a more comprehensive picture of the demands from the UK and meet regularly with the team in Malta to ensure that the UK and Malta have a more efficient combined effort;
- Collaborate with KPMG Crimsonwing Netherlands to ensure effective utilisation of resources between Netherlands and UK;
- Work with the management team to agree the skills matrix and industry knowledge required to support both existing and new business;
- Use KPMG Crimsonwing internal resource management system (Microsoft Dynamics AX) to record and update an employee skills matrix which records the technical skills, accreditations and industry skills of employees;
- Key understanding of skills and capability of resources to enable appropriate matching of resources required with skills available;
- Work with Human Resources and the management team to agree annual training needs and provide a proposed budget to the finance team;
- Work with KPMG Crimsonwing Malta and Netherlands, KPMG UK and any appropriate external providers to provide training to employees;
- Consider training and development for employees which enhances the skills of individual employees and supports a differentiated and unique offering from KPMG Crimsonwing to clients;
- In collaboration with Human Resources and the relevant Line Managers, allocate employees to projects which provide opportunities for the delivery of the business goals and personal goals set during their Performance Review. Where possible facilitate employee development and support career paths by assigning employees to appropriate projects, pre-sales engagements, and any other business endeavours as applicable;
- In conjunction with the Project Managers manage the integration of new joiners onto projects, ensure they have a ‘buddy’ in place and are effective and supported;
- Lead the adoption of a common resource management approach across all KPMG Crimsonwing jurisdictions, in order to provide a coherent and unified view of the resource requirements, availability and commitments across the Group.
- Proven experience within management roles within an operational and resourcing background.
- Proven experience within a project management capacity
- Very strong Microsoft Office skills particularly with Microsoft Project and Excel. Any prior exposure to Microsoft Dynamics AX would be an asset;
- Ideally experienced in Agile project management and delivery of ERP projects;
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrable experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines and managing a high workload with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to influence and manage a range of relationships in a complex environment;
- Confident and robust to deal with internal business challenges;
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening): an ability to present information concisely, to communicate in a manner applicable to all levels;
- Able to produce high quality and professional presentations;
- Exercises good judgement, understands when to flag issues and when to deal with demands autonomously;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to quickly obtain a broad knowledge of KPMG Crimsonwing, including governance structures and operating procedures
At KPMG Crimsonwing we implement best in class solutions for ERP and CRM. We have extensive knowledge and expertise in all areas, enabling us to provide our clients with an integrated end-to-end solution. Our solutions are based on the Microsoft Dynamics range of products which enables us to deliver, powerful, adaptable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Technology (CRM) to our customers. Such systems are strategic IT solutions which integrate all the management information across an entire organisation into one single intuitive software application. They embrace all departments of a company from finance to manufacturing to customer relationship management, HR and sales, in one single system.
With a team of 400 Microsoft Dynamics specialists and consultants, KPMG Crimsonwing is one of the largest European Microsoft Gold Certified partners.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a completed vacancy application form to KPMG Crimsonwing Human Resources via email on KCWUKCareers@KPMG.com. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should quote job title as reference.