Vacancies for Senior Programme Manager/Programme Director
The Person Required:
This role requires candidates who will have spent at least 15 years within a top tier consulting organisation, preferably in a LLP or similar environment, steering large scale transformational programmes at the heart of their client’s businesses. They will have been responsible for leading both technical delivery and the management of business change; ensuring that the planned outcomes were realised. They should be able to demonstrate a mastery of the challenges in complex system integration and for having end-to-end responsibility for delivery from multiple delivery organisations.
The right candidate will have a demonstrable track record of leading large multi-disciplined and global delivery teams. The right person would be able to be responsible for the management of the larger programmes in the project portfolio. The key responsibility will be to ensure the projects are delivered within the agreed timescales and budget, by the efficient utilization of assigned staff and any associated third parties. It is imperative that the person is able to ensure all project activities conform to KPMG Crimsonwing’s quality management standards and processes.
In addition for this senior role, the successful candidate must be confident in building and maintaining strong, trusted relationships with C-suite stakeholders. They will be able to demonstrate knowledge and insight of industry challenges across a range of sectors. They will also need to be able to show an understanding of evolving technologies and how these can be exploited to generate business value.
- Plans and manages assigned projects, keeping customer stakeholders and KPMG Crimsonwing (KCW) senior Directors informed and updated regarding project progress;
- Acting as the Engagement Leader – leading project teams on client sites and being responsible for senior level client liaison;
- Drive the end to end delivery success for KCW’s client engagements, inspiring our Project and Programme Managers;
- Oversee large scale, complex transformational programmes (typically > £5m);
- Cultivate senior stakeholder relationships within key strategic accounts ensuring you secure both client and KCW’s expected outcomes;
- Be accountable for commercial management and profitable delivery across all of our client engagements;
- Ensures the agreed governance, escalation and reporting procedures are adhered to and escalates to senior directors where applicable;
- Monitors progress against the project plan and budget, correcting and / or escalating deviations from the plan, when appropriate;
- Manages any third parties that are involved as sub-contractors within the project, ensuring any deliverables are produced on time, to required quality standards, and in line with agreed commercials;
- Participates in client reporting sessions, including as relevant, weekly progress review meetings and (typically) monthly Steering Committee meetings;
- Adheres to the KCW internal reporting and budget management procedures;
- Oversees the estimation of project changes, through the project change mechanism and ensures relevant Statements of Works , prior to the commencement of work;
- Addresses all project customer satisfaction issues, escalating feedback as necessary for further action;
- Liaises with the Resource Manager and other Project Managers to ensure optimum utilisation of allocated resources in line with contracted commercial endeavours;
- Minimises non-billable resource utilisation on projects, and escalates as required with the Program Manager and the Resource Manager to optimise billable use of resources. Escalates any forecasted requirements for non-billable effort with the Program Manager in order to maintain awareness and if possible mitigate. Tracks non-billable effort against the project budget;
- Contributes towards continuous refinement and improvement of our best practice project delivery methodology. Offers advice and mentors more junior Project Manages and members of staff. Liaises with peers to provide assistance and convey lessons learnt as required, in order to promote and improve the overall program and project delivery capabilities of KPMG Crimsonwing;
- Identifying and developing opportunities and winning new business, through continuous client contact programmes with senior and executive level client staff;
- May be involved in pre-sales activities, providing guidance related to project planning and estimations as required.
- An experienced programme manager with a minimum of 15 years ERP/CRM delivery experience, gained in a project or programme capacity;
- A proven track record in the delivery of full lifecycle large complex ERP implementations is required;
- Extensive experience in the management of third party sub-contractors, ideally including independent software vendors (ISV’s);
- Experience in managing a distributed project team both onshore and near shore, delivering multiple concurrent streams of work;
- Prince 2 Practitioner / certified APM professional;
- Experienced in Agile project management, ideally with direct experience and knowledge of tools including Jira, VSTS, TFS, and of methodologies including Scrum and Kanban;
- Strong people management skills (including career and line management of teams);
- Experience in the delivery of complex IT or business led transformation programmes across multiple industries;
- Experience of implementing Microsoft Cloud based solutions;
- Multi Industry experience with a minimum of Public Sector, Financial Services and Consumer Industries;
- Experience in providing programme and project delivery advice to senior stakeholders;
- Ability to understand the commercials to create a successful programme commercially around a number of work streams;
- Strong client relationship skills at C-suite level including inter-personal sensitivity, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to provide delivery assurance for both proposals and in-flight projects. Identification of leading indicators of delivery issues and ability to implement corrective actions to avoid troubled projects;
- Openness and willingness to share ideas and knowledge;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral;
- A proven track record of business development and assisting in winning new engagements/clients;
- Working in an LLP environment or similar, multi-mode consulting models and working with multicultural global delivery teams;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to ensure documents are consistent in language, terminology and style;
- Flexible approach to work with a focus on delivery to deadlines and high standards;
- Ability to handle highly confidential information with tact and discretion.
At KPMG Crimsonwing we implement best in class solutions for ERP and CRM. We have extensive knowledge and expertise in all areas, enabling us to provide our clients with an integrated end-to-end solution. Our solutions are based on the Microsoft Dynamics range of products which enables us to deliver, powerful, adaptable Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Customer Technology (CRM) to our customers. Such systems are strategic IT solutions which integrate all the management information across an entire organisation into one single intuitive software application. They embrace all departments of a company from finance to manufacturing to customer relationship management, HR and sales, in one single system.
With a team of 400 Microsoft Dynamics specialists and consultants, KPMG Crimsonwing is one of the largest European Microsoft Gold Certified partners.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a completed vacancy application form to KPMG Crimsonwing Human Resources via email on KCWUKCareers@KPMG.com. Applications will be treated in strictest confidence and should quote job title as reference.