KPMG Crimsonwing is part of KPMG and focuses on business consultancy and IT solution implementations within the fields of ERP, CRM and eCommerce. For our office in the UK, we are looking for a:
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Technical Architect
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of D365FO solutions and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and the clients of KPMG Crimsonwing. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements, which are often large-scale enterprise D365FO projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management skills and a broad range of technical skills.
The D365FO Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG Crimsonwing. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG Crimsonwing.
- The D365FO Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of D365FO;
- Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics AX development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques;
- Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box D365FO functionality, giving KPMG Crimsonwing a unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
- Deliver high quality development services to clients;
- Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration – Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
- Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
- Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Crimsonwing Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan;
- Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
- Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
- Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
- Participate in pre-sales activities as requested;
- Support practice development activates such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
- Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
- In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
- Represent KPMG Crimsonwing in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
- A minimum of 4-years hands-on experience with Dynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
- Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365 will be considered a strong positive;
- Experience of using PowerApps, LogicsApps, Common Data Service and other Azure Services.
- Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual Studio Team Services
- Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge .Net;
- Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
- Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
- Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
- Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies;
- Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO – including certification in one of the following:
Project Management and Accounting
Procurement & Sourcing
Trade & Logistics
- Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
- Graduate from a top University;
- A relevant degree within a computational discipline;
Experience and Background:
- Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365O environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
- Experience with D365O in a Development Consulting role;
- Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
- Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
- Pre-sales experience;
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
- Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
Be part of our success:
KPMG’s Advisory function is building a world class Microsoft Dynamics Practice with KPMG Crimsonwing at the fore.
The practice is focusing on advisory services that relate to the Microsoft Dynamics family of products. This includes implementation of these systems and engagements relating to Independent Programme Assurance when a 3rd party is implementing these.
KPMG Crimsonwing have experienced significant growth in demand for these types of systems as clients seek to move away from more expensive tier 1 ERP and CRM systems towards a lower TCO, more user friendly suite of systems. There is also appetite in the market for Microsoft Dynamics as a replacement to aged infrastructure.
The growth of our existing Microsoft Dynamics team further enables KPMG Crimsonwing to have full control over the implementation services whilst maintaining the project management, change management and BPR capabilities it is famous for. This provides our clients with a greater breadth of capability and also gives them a single consultancy solution for an end to end transformation programme.
This is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a growing practice within an established and market-leading firm.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your CV along with a completed vacancy application form to KPMG Crimsonwing Human Resources via email on KCWUKCareers@kpmg.com Applications will be treated in strictest confidence.