Cloud Administrator – CW24/14
KPMG Crimsonwing is looking for a Cloud Administrator educated to degree-level in IT, or equivalent.
The role involves
The key responsibilities of the Cloud Administrator will include the day-to-day support, monitoring, management and maintenance of operating systems, deployment of custom software under development, installation/configuration of a global hosting infrastructure, including networking, servers and storage. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing hands-on system maintenance, system administration and operational support on both Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Configuring, installing and managing data backups for production systems.
- Periodically performing integrity checks on data backups to validate the backup/restore functionality.
- Configuring and troubleshooting Web, Application and DNS services.
- A good understanding of Shell scripting.
- Basic networking knowledge.
- Basic working knowledge of hosting configuration components, including load balancers, proxies, web and database servers.
- Basic working knowledge of mySQL
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be on call 24/7 on a rotating basis.
- Possession of excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in application software analytics and monitoring tools.
Good to have
- Experience in cloud computing platforms is a definite plus
- Experience in virtualization products such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMWARE/ESXi
- Familiarity with programming languages and PHP-based open-source ecommerce software
- Familiarity with using Python
- Knowledge of databases/data stores such as Redis and MySQL
Enjoy the benefits
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a remuneration package that commensurate with skills and work experience.
Be a part of our success
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or directly to the Malta office, quoting the reference number REF: CW24/14. Deadline: 15th November 2014.