In one of Barry’s previous blog entries, ‘key functionalities for a B2B eCommerce site’ he said that one of the key functionalities for B2B eCommerce sites is the functionality to place orders quickly via a quick order tool. This is now possible out of the box in Magento Enterprise 1.12 via the Order By SKU (Stock Keeping Unit) widget.
The order by SKU widget is a great addition to the Magento tool box. It provides the end-user with two additional methods to add products to their basket, either by entering the relevant SKU’s line by line or by uploading a csv file for a number of SKU’s and the quantity required. This widget can be configured so that it is available to everyone that visits your store, or only to specific customer groups, providing more simplicity in the order process for high volume, frequent customers.
Configuring the widget
The following steps will help you to add the Order By SKU Widget to your Magento Enterprise website (Version 1.12)
1. Enable the widget by navigating to: system>configuration>sales>order by sku
2. Choose to allow everyone to use it or just specific customer groups
3. Press save Config
order by SKU configuration
Next go to CMS>Widgets
4. Add a new widget
5. Select ‘Order by SKU’ from the drop down menu
6. Fill out the required fields, choosing the store views the widget will display on
7. Select any specific pages that the widget will display on
8. Click on the ‘Widget Options’ tab on the left hand side
9. Set the ‘Display a Link to loading a Spreadsheet’ to ‘Yes’
10. Add the text you would like to display on the widget that will link the user back to the my account – order by sku page.
11. Press save
That’s it! This widget will now display on the chosen pages and only to those customer groups you selected in the configuration.