In one of my previous blog articles I had discussed the importance of providing custom tools that can help support your customers to make a purchase decision. An interesting feature that most clothing/apparel sites use is known as a size guide. This feature is really useful, especially when you have a cross-country eCommerce strategy where different size measurements may exist.
Tips for creating a size guide
1. Include different size options with American, Australian, British and European sizes.
Size guide with different size options, source: Boohoo store
2. Make sure that the size guide opens in a new tab or in a new browser and not in the same product view page.
3. Choose the right colour schemes and colour contrast. Also make sure you use screen friendly font, depending on your customer segments.
4. Include user-friendly images which clearly explain each measurement, and provide detailed instructions.
Measuring tips provided with the size guide. Source: GAP
5. Besides the sizes, provide as much information as possible. Include details related to the type of material, colours and styles. Do not forget that lack of information is one of the main barriers to actually making an online purchase decision.
Detailed size guide including materials, colours and styles, source: Lightinthebox
6. Provide a link to live chat or contact details in case the customer still needs to ask questions.
Size Guide Magento Extension
At KPMG Crimsonwing we have developed a size guide Magento extension that allows the administrator to upload multiple size guides in JPG image formats. A new option will be available in the ‘Catalog’ menu that allows the administrator users to upload the size guide image and set a label.
Adding a size guide option from Magento backend
The size guide ‘label’ will automatically show as an option in te ‘size guide’ attribute. The administrator will also have the ability to specify which size guide (if any) will be displayed for each item in the Magento administration panel.
Size Guide set up at product level in Magento administration Panel
The ‘Size Charts’ or ‘Size Guide’ button will appear in the product details page. When the button is clicked the system will validate which size guide is tied with that product and display a pop up with the size guide image for the active item.
Size Chart in the product details page
In case you require any information on this feature or are interested in purchasing this extension please do not hesitate to contact us.