With the arrival of Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations, it has also become easier for a functional application manager to manage and implement the access rights. It is important for every organization that the right authorization is granted. I explain in the linked document how you can use the new front-end functionality and which rules should be followed to ensure proper protection for your organization. What previously had to be changed in the backend (the AOT), can now be easily adjusted from the front-end directly into your browser.
The information in this manual helps you step-by-step with the customization of security settings in Dynamics 365 for Operations. The information is intended for IT managers who want to know what is possible in the system, but especially for people who will set the security in the software.
Which components are covered:
- Basics of security in Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations
- Important considerations for the whole organization
- Steps for the creation and adjustments in security roles, duties and privileges.
- Create your test role and add rights
- Add rights by connecting to existing elements
- Export your changes
- Import your changes
- Undo your changes before publishing
- Publish your changes
- Test your changes
- Remove all changes
After reading this document you are able to create roles (tests) in the right way, publish changes and import them into environments.
This manual does not describe segregation of duties.