This year’s Freshers’ week can be a memorable one if you decide to join our stand at the Faculty of ICT. Similar to last year, a quiz will be held but this time we will make it bigger and more meaningful through supporting Dr Klown, a non-governmental organisation dedicated to provide clown doctor services at Mater Dei Hospital (Malta).
Luck will play a major role this year because you are required to answer a specific set of questions based on the color you get after our wheel of fortune is spun. Students will have to correctly answer all 10 questions for their name to be included in the draw taking place on 5th October. The first name drawn will win a One Plus Five smartphone whilst the second name drawn will win a smart wristband.
The rules of the competition, location, time and prize details as well as terms and conditions can be found below.
Rules of the competition
- Only students registered with the Faculty of ICT are allowed to enter this competition.
- Students will be asked to fill in their details at our stand (location: Faculty of ICT) using our laptop.
- Those that do, are then asked to spin the wheel of fortune and answer a total of ten questions or complete a challenge set by us.
- There can be only be two winners. The winners will be chosen at random out of all those students who manage to obtain 100% on the quiz.
- Students have the possibility to re-attempt the quiz if they are not satisfied with their performance.
- The times during which students can participate are Tuesday 3rd October to Thursday 5th October from 09:30 to 13:00.
- The random draw will take place on Thursday 5th October at 13:30.
Questions: Where to study?
- Our website and social media (Facebook and LinkedIn) pages
- Research around our solutions
The prizes to be won are a One Plus Five smartphone and a smart wristband.
When and where?
|Date||Tuesday 3/10/17 – Thursday 5/10/17 from 09.30 till 13:00|
|Venue||Faculty of ICT, University of Malta|
|Draw||Thursday 5/10/17 at 13:30|
Terms and conditions
- The promoter is KPMG Crimsonwing (Malta) Limited (company no C22469); registered office is at Lignum House, Marsa, MRS 9065.
- Employees of KPMG Crimsonwing (Malta) Limited or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition will start on Tuesday 3rd October and will end on Thursday 5th October.
- The winner will be announced on Thursday 5th October at 13:30
- Only students registered with the Faculty of ICT are allowed to enter this competition. This includes students from the following courses:
- B.Sc.(Hons) in Computer Engineering
- B.Sc.(Hons) in Computing Science
- B. Sc. in Information Technology (Honours) Artificial Intelligence
- B. Sc. in Information Technology (Honours) Computing and Business
- B. Sc. in Information Technology (Honours) Software Development
- Masters of Science in Artificial Intelligence
- Masters of Science in Communications and Computer Engineering
- Masters of Science in Computer Information Systems
- Masters of Science in Computer Science
- Masters of Science in Human Language Science and Technology
- Masters of Science in Information and Communication Technology
- Masters of Science in Microelectronics and Nanoelectronics
- Masters of Science in Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Masters of Science in Telecommunications
- Masters of Science in Signal Processing and Machine Learning
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prize will be offered. The prize is not transferable. The prize is subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute the prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- The winner will be chosen at random on Thursday 5th October at 13:30 by manually drawing one of the names (of those who manage to obtain a 100% in the quiz).
- The person that is drawn will then be asked a final technical question. He or she can only win provided that a satisfactory answer is given. Another draw will be conducted if the answer given is not satisfactory. This process will continue until we have an eventual winner
- Prior to receiving the prize, the promoter will make sure that the winner is enrolled with the Faculty of ICT.
- Should the winner not be present for the draw, he/she will be notified by email within 2 days of Freshers’ week. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to draw a new winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected should the winner not be present for the draw.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by Maltese law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malta.
- The winner agrees that the promoter might use the winner’s name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current Malta data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.