On the 20th of July 2010, Magento announced the release of the new Magento Enterprise Edition Version 1.9. This new version provides features that help merchants improve consumer satisfaction, retention and site security.
User experience is enhanced with personalised merchandising: customers can be reached on a merchant’s store via targeted communications and online content, and even when they leave with personalised marketing campaigns. The Magento Secure Payment Bridge assists merchants in meeting the industry standard PCI compliance for credit card payments through a secure, PA-DSS compliant payment application. This is the third enterprise update of the year giving our customers new features that are the result of a great ongoing g dialogue between Magento, their partner channel, and customers.
Magento Enterprise 1.9 provides a number of features that put our Magento clients closer than ever to their customers, improving consumer satisfaction and ROI. Implementing Secure Payment Bridge with Magento Enterprise Edition 1.9 saves KPMG Crimsonwing clients money and time when it comes to complying with PCI requirements.
In addition to this feature, Version 1.9 will also allow you to enjoy a handful of other new tools:
- Increase revenue and capture valuable customer data with Magento’s Gift Registry module
- Administrators can determine what data they collect on their customers without the need for developer involvement, with the advanced attribute management for customers
- Improve the power of your searching, including results weighting and increased search performance with the newly fully integrated Solr Search module in Magento
- Improve site performance with additional enhancements to the Full Page Caching module
- Improve security and decrease risk with Magento Secure Payment Bridge (PA-DSS Compliant).
The recently released Magento Enterprise Edition Version 1.9 is now being used to great effect by the KPMG Crimsonwing Development Team. KPMG Crimsonwing continuously aims to stay ahead and uses the latest technology in order to deliver high-quality solutions which are up to date and satisfy our customers. Using the latest Magento version will improve the system’s effectiveness to both our customers and their customers.
The previous upgrade to Version 1.8 offered the following features which are also incorporated in Version 1.9:
- Automated Email Marketing Reminders: enabling merchants to increase customer retention through sending configurable, automated email reminders for abandoned shopping carts and wishlists.
- Assisted shopping: rather than a dedicated menu, customer support can be provided via the customer menu, meaning a single menu and permission can be used to provide customer online support
- Performance enhancements through a Flat Sales module, as well as a module providing merchants the ability to archive orders after a configurable time-period.