Senior Cloud Administrator – CW02/2015
KPMG Crimsonwing is looking for a Senior Cloud Administrator educated to a degree-level in IT, or equivalent.
The role involves
The key responsibilities of the Cloud Administrator will include the day-to-day support, monitoring, management, maintenance of operating systems, deployment of custom software under development, installation/configuration of a global hosting infrastructure, including networking, servers and storage.
Other responsibilities include:
- Provide hands-on system maintenance, system administration and operational support on both Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Configure, install, and manage data backups for production systems
- Periodically perform integrity checks on data backups to validate the backup/restore functionality
- Configure and troubleshoot Web, Application and DNS services
- Configuration, administration, monitoring, deployments and analysis of Cloud application services and key processes, including OS patching and system updates
- Constantly assessing the Cloud infrastructure and improve it’s structure
- Support development, QA and production applications, VMs, and networks
- Advanced knowledge of Shell scripting
- Advanced networking knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of hosting configuration components, including load balancers, proxies, web and database servers
- Advanced knowledge of Databases
- Advanced knowledge of using both AWS and Azure
- Ability to be on call 24/7 on a rotating basis
- Possess excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge in application software analytics and monitoring tools
Good to have
- Experience in cloud computing platforms is a strong plus
- Experience in virtualization products such as Microsoft Hyper-V or VMWARE/ESXi
- Familiarity with programming languages and PHP-based open-source ecommerce software
- Familiarity in using Python
- Knowledge of databases/data stores such as Redis and MySQL
Enjoy the benefits
For this exciting opportunity we have put together a remuneration package commensurate with skills and work experience.
Be a part of our success
If you would like to help KPMG Crimsonwing customers find the right solutions by developing award-winning answers, then look no further. Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or directly to the Malta office, quoting the reference number: CW02/15.